NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Saturday, February 13, 1:00 PM - Winter Hybridizers' Meeting Part 1 (virtual meeting)
This meeting will be held using Zoom. Watch your email for details about joining the meeting. This year, we are going to split our usual marathon winter meeting of hybridizers sharing their "works in progress" into 2 parts over the February and March meetings. All hybridizers are invited to present, and all members are invited to join. We are going to try to do what we usually do at the Hybridizers’ Meeting, just virtually rather than in person, with each of our hybridizers sharing their creations and experiments.
IF YOU WANT TO PRESENT at either meeting, please contact Stephanie Markham. We need to sort through the content in order to split the presentations relatively evenly between the two meetings.
- Saturday, March 20, 1:00 PM - ISM Spring Meeting/Hybridizers' Meeting Part 2
This will be an online meeting via Zoom. We will hold our ISM business meeting, followed by Part 2 of the Hybridizers' Meeting.
- Saturday, July 31, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM - ISM Sale to the Public
At Verrill Farm, 11 Wheeler Road, Concord, MA 01742. This sale to the public will be held under the pavilion tent behind the farmstand. Watch your emails for details about pre-sale digging/marking activities and the sale itself. Contact Sarah Cummer if you want to help out before or during the sale.
- Sunday, August 8, Noon - 3:00 PM - ISM Auction,
We plan to hold the members auction of newer irises (and other things) outdoors, under a canopy at Toadland Gardens (home of Stephanie Markham & Larry Wilson), 22 Lawrence Street, Norfolk, MA 02056. Lunch and socializing at noon, auction starts at 1:00 PM. BYO chair and lunch, drinks and packaged snacks will be available.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- At the 7th light, take a left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).