NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- June 10 - Judges' Training in ME
The Maine Iris Society is having an informal garden tour, with Judges' Training being offered on Show Judging Bearded Irises (mock show setup and discussion of various problems and situations that might arise at an iris show). This will be a 1-hour session, held at 11:00 AM at Peter Young's house, 53 Young Road, Buckfield, ME 04220.
- July 29 - ISM Plant Sale to the Public
At Verrill Farm, 11 Wheeler Road, Concord, MA, 01742. The sale will open to the public at 11:00 AM. Members, watch your email for details regarding plant prep/labeling efforts, setup times, etc.
Download the sale flyer here.
- August 6, Noon - 4:00 PM - ISM Auction
At Toadland Gardens, 22 Lawrence Street, Norfolk, MA. Bring a sandwich and a chair; drinks and dessert will be provided. Lunch at noon; auction starts at 1:00 PM.
- November 4, Noon - 4:00 PM - ISM Fall Meeting and Seed/Plant Exchange
At the Bedford Town Center. Program and other details TBD.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).