NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- May 18-20, Lafayette, Indiana - Median Iris Mini-Convention
Sponsored by the Iris Growers of Eastern Indiana, Indiana Daylily and Iris Society, AIS Region 6 and the Median Iris Society, will include tours of 6 gardens over 3 days. Details here.
- May 23-27, Des Moines, Iowa - AIS National Convention
Hosted by AIS Region 21, convention attendees will tour at six Des Moines area gardens, including two public gardens.
2017 Convention Chair: Kelly Norris 1101 25th St. Apt. 9, Des Moines, IA 50311 | phone: (515) 777-2356 | e-mail: email@example.com
2017 Convention Co-Chair: Gary White 701 Old Cheney Road, Lincoln, NE 68512 | phone: (402) 421-6394 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Convention Headquarters: Des Moines Marriott Hotel 700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309 | phone: (515) 245-5500 website: Des Moines Marriott Hotel
- June 3 - Garden Tours in Stoneham
Times and details TBD, but will include tours of the gardens of ISM members Grace McManus and Cindy Tarquinio, as well as lunch at Whip Hill Park, a lovely 30-acre estate operated by the Stoneham Conservation Commission.
- June 3, after the garden tours, time TBD - Judges' Training in the garden
Times and details TBD, but will include 2 hours of training at Marty's & Jan's Joe Pye-Weed Gardens in the afternoon, after the tour. Judges and students, watch your email for details.
- July 29 - ISM Plant Sale to the Public
At Verrill Farm in Concord. Details TBD.
- August 6, Noon - 4:00 PM - ISM Auction
At Toadland Gardens, Norfolk, MA. Bring a sandwich and a chair; drinks and dessert will be provided. Lunch at noon; auction starts at 1:00 PM.
- November 4, Noon - 4:00 PM - ISM Fall Meeting and Seed/Plant Exchange
At the Bedford Town Center. Program and other details TBD.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).