NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Saturday, October 14, - Region 1 Meeting, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Hosted by the Connecticut Iris Society this year, at the Rockville United Methodist Church, 142 Grove St., Rockville, CT. Ruthie Bennett will be presenting a program on the late Ruth Stevenson’s writings about the early years of the AIS in our Region 1, followed by presentation of historic irises hybridized and grown in the early part of the 20th century. Watch your email for more details.
- Saturday, November 4, Noon - 4:00 PM - ISM Fall Meeting and Seed/Plant Exchange
At the Bedford Town Center. Our speaker will be noted hybridizer, Lynda Miller. Lunch will be one of our fabulous potlucks. Watch your email for further details.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).