NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL/REGIONAL IRIS SOCIETIES
- American Iris Society (AIS)
- Aril Society International
- Dwarf Iris Society
- Greater St. Louis Iris Society
- Historical Iris Preservation Society (HIPS)
- Median Iris Society
- Reblooming Iris Society (RIS)
- Society for Japanese Irises
- Society for Louisiana Iris
- Society for Pacific Coast Native Irises
- Society for Siberian Irises
- Species Iris Group of North America (SIGNA)
- Tall Bearded Iris Society
LOCAL IRIS SOCIETIES/CLUBS
- Region 1 of the American Iris Society (New England)
- Connecticut Iris Society
- Maine Iris Society. (Also available on Facebook)
- Region 2 of the American Iris Society (New York)
- Region 3 of the American Iris Society (Pennsylvania/Delaware)
LOCAL IRIS SOURCES
- Joe Pye Weed's Garden - a mail order plant nursery in Carlisle, MA, specializing in siberian irises, versicolors, species and interspecies hybrids
- Eartheart Gardens - a family-owned nursery in South Harpswell, ME, specializing in Japanese and siberian irises
- Fieldstone Gardens - a perennial nursery in ME that carries siberian irises from local hybridizers Dean Cole & Jeff Dunlop
- Aitken's Salmon Creek Garden - an iris and orchid nursery in Vancouver, WA, that introduces the irises of local hybridizers Lynn Markham & Stephanie Markham
- Toadland Gardens - not a commercial site, but provides information about the introductions and projects of local hybridizers Stephanie Markham & Lynn Markham, including pictures of seedlings
OTHER IRIS AND GARDENING-RELATED SITES
- Dave's Garden - an informational web site where an international community of gardeners can learn from each other and find resources offered by the gardening industry.
- GardenWeb - an Internet gardening community web site.
- The Iris Ecyclopedia - a wiki site of the American Iris Society, providing a comprehensive database of iris information.
ISM membership is one of the best bargains around - only $5 per household for a full year of IRID-ISM, our twice-yearly newsletter, plus meetings, garden tours, sales, shows and other events.
Send your information to membership secretary Linda Sobek and your check to treasurer Sarah Cummer - 42 Monument St., Medford, MA 02155-6716.